Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Carol wants to know why I Blog

*
twas the night before I speak to carol
when all through the house
not a creature was stirring
It's just my keyboard and mouse
*
Carol Duncan has asked me to discuss why i Blog and will be talking to me at 1:30pm Wednesday.
*
To give a bit of a background I am married with 2 lovely girls, my wife works full time at the local energy company in their call centre, I work part time nights in a call centre and finish at 11 at night as well I am a part time therapeutic and remedial massage therapist to some private clients.
*
During the day I am a "stay at home dad" where I care for my youngest (the green egg- see earlier post) as well as general duties around the house which consisits of forever cleaning, resolving arguements between my two girls as well as tantrums, cooking, cleaning, washing and ironing, you know the drill and then in my spare time i get to do the outside jobs as well.
*
After work is my sanctuary, the whole family is asleep, I have talked non-stop for 5 hours and it is time to take stock, it's not easy to go straight to bed as i am still wide awake until about 1:30am. It's also "me " time which i don't get during the day. All those creative juices come out when I have time to think. I am not a professional writer so excuse the occasional spelling mistake, I am not being paid for my posts (not that that is a bad thing) and I'm not here to push products or services on you.
*
I originally started up this blog over 12 months ago, but didn't have any inspiration to do anything with it. It was only just recently that i found the inspiration to start blogging. It was the impending anniversary of the black saturday fires. I wanted to put up a tribute to a lost friend, Nicole Jefferson.
*
This has inspired me to post more and more. I have so many posts on the go, some on the way, some just ideas just in my head. These are mainly observations, family things, parenting from a dad's point of view, opinions and also memories. There's no specific topic I am talking about.I have much to get out so give me time, give me time.
*
I am also inspired by all those bloggers out there, through twitter and listening to the ABC I have come to find other bloggers. There are so many stories to be told, some heartwarming, some informative, some funny and then there's the truely sad stories. It takes courage to open up so publically.
*
I write because i have something to say, If you like what i have to say, please pass me a comment, I welcome it. I feel I need to get it out there, whether anyone reads it, I am not concerned.
I hope you enjoy my blog, i hope you find something that you like. I hope i don't disapoint in today's interview. We will also be talking about an earlier post, why i love Sci Fi

No comments:

Post a Comment